Last Updated: 15 December 2021
What information do we collect?
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you want us to provide you with information. We may gather the following information about you when you use this website:
- Email address
- Phone number
- IP address (a unique identifier for your computer or other device)
- Mobile device ID
How do we use it?
We will use your personal information in the following ways. We are also required by law to state a “legal basis for processing”, i.e. to tell you on what grounds we are allowed to use your information, and this is also set out below:
We will use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information that you have requested
- Respond to specific queries you may raise regarding Riverwaves and its operating companies and services.
- To deliver the best online experience by understanding how you use our website to provide you with better ways of accessing information.
Our legal basis for processing:
- Consent - we only use your personal information for this purpose if you have asked us to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Our legitimate interests – we use your personal information to help us to deliver the best online experience to you and other website users.
For how we use your information that is collected using cookies and similar technologies please see the “Cookies” section below.
When do we use customer information from third parties?
We receive some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming a Riverwaves customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Riverwaves. We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website, database storage and management, e-mail management, and customer service. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
Where and when is information collected from customers and end users?
Riverwaves will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Riverwaves to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can't identify you.
How do we protect your information?
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
What are cookies and what do we use them for?
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies:
If you want to delete any cookies that may already be on your computer or device, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu.
Further information on cookies is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies may prevent our webiste from functioning properly, and you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our website.
Third Party Websites
We do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Your Consent and rights
You are entitled to ask:
- for a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and details about how we are processing your personal information;
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal information corrected;
- if we are processing your personal information by automated means and on the basis of your consent (see “How do we use it?”, above), for us to provide your personal information to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. You can also ask us to provide your personal information directly to a third party in this format, and, if technically feasible, we will do so; and to have your personal information erased, or for our use of it to be restricted (for example, if your preferences change, or if you don’t want us to send you the information you have requested). Please contact us using the details set out below if you would like to exercise any of these rights.
You also have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority if you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your personal information. In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following address: